Tuesday, February 6, 2007

100 meters in 14 years (a story)




(Pictures of Tanya and Kannonji from my story "100 meters in 14 years")


One of the joy's of my life is writing stories. Over the years I've written many though most have become lost. Then in the late 1990's thanks to better computers I started saving these tales. Today I want to share with you one of my personal favorites. It is based on a Japanese anime called "Battle Athlete's" The two main character's of this tale is the reporter for Osaka TV Kannonji and a female runner named Tanya Natdhipytadd. The idea for this story came about because of two people I idolized as athlete's. One is Mary Decker a middle distance runner who while being one of America's best female runners never won an Olympic gold medal. The 2ND was John Elway QB of the Denver Bronco's who didn't win a Super Bowl until his 15Th season. I began to wonder how Miss Decker's career would have been perceived if she had won that gold medal in the 1984 games instead of crashing due to the incident with Romania's Zola Budd. After that the story began to write itself in it's initial draft. Afterwards my sister did some proofreading for me and gave me suggestions to make it better. Of all that I've written this tale has a special place in my heart. I hope you enjoy it.

Here is the link

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2967378/1/

No comments: